About Dr. Buchwach
Dr. Buchwach has performed over six thousand hair transplants over the last twenty eight years, with patients traveling to his practice in Kansas City from 44 states and seven foreign countries. He has lectured throughout the country on Hair Transplant Surgery, and has been a contributor to five major medical textbooks, including authoring two.
Dr. Buchwach is Board Certified in both Facial Plastic Surgery and Head and Neck Surgery and has been in private practice since 1979. He obtained his medical degree from the University of Missouri School of Medicine. He received specialty training at the University of Illinois and the Ohio State University followed by a Fellowship in Facial Plastic Surgery at the University of Texas – Houston.
His practice is exclusively Hair Transplantation.
Memberships and Appointments
- Member of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery since its founding in 1993.
- Fellow of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Former Examiner of the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Clinical Assistant Professor on the teaching staff at a major midwest university
Dr. Buchwach is a native of St. Louis, Missouri, and graduated with honors from Rutgers University. In his free time he enjoys jogging, playing golf, and spending time with his wife and two daughters.
“Following the procedure, you can wash your hair immediately, no dressings or bandages will be required, and you can return to work the next day.” Dr. Buchwach